I created this Greek Salad Pizza with Grilled Chicken for Drew’s, maker of all-natural salad dressings, salsas and marinades, as part of an ongoing partnership with them. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!Greek Salad Pizza with Grilled Chicken. A simple, fresh and light weeknight dinnertime (or weekend lunch) option that can be ready in minutes.
Happy New Year friends! Hope you all had a restful and wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. I took some time away from the blog and social media to refresh and unplug while spending time with our families, which was much needed. We spent Christmas here on the Cape and then went down to my parents in Connecticut for a few days, which was really nice. We had a few nights of sleepovers with my sisters and their hubbies/significant others and Lucca got to play and play some more with his cousins. Now, I’m back rejuvenated, (somewhat) rested and ready to share many new and favorite recipes we’ve been creating over here at My Cape Cod Kitchen.
If you’re like us, you’ve had enough of the heavy, hearty holiday food (lasagna, casseroles, meatloaves, pork roasts) and are more than ready for something a bit lighter, yet still warming (after all, we are in the dead of winter). These Greek Salad Pizzas with Grilled Chicken are that fresher, lighter option that’s the perfect quick-to-the-table meal for the New Year. Even though I tend to spend more time in the kitchen during the winter months (roasting, baking, etc) most week nights we don’t want to spend an hour cooking dinner…we want dinner on the table in 20 minutes. These pizzas can be on the table in about 15 minutes if you marinate the chicken right when you get home from work for 30 minutes – or less if you don’t have 30 minutes. Then you’ll just need to grill the chicken, toast the naan, then assemble the pizzas.
These pizzas are basically a salad on a pizza. Naan bread is sprinkled with feta cheese then toasted. Once toasted, the naan is topped with grilled chicken, crisp cucumber, sharp red onion, briny olives and Greek dressing.
These Greek Salad Pizzas with Grilled Chicken are a complete meal in themselves, but a side of quick pan-fried spinach complements these pizzas nicely, adds another veggie and ups the filling factor of the meal.
- • 1 lb chicken breast
- • ½ cup Drew’s All-Natural Greek Olive Dressing & Quick Marinade, plus additional for drizzling pizzas
- • 4 garlic naan (Indian flatbread) or use whole wheat, if you prefer
- • 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- • 1 cucumber, diced
- • 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- • ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Marinate chicken breasts in ½ cup Drew’s All-Natural Greek Olive Dressing & Quick Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill chicken until cooked through and until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, flipping halfway through cooking time (time will vary depending on thickness of chicken breasts). Remove chicken from grill, let cool slightly and then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle feta cheese equally on naan and lightly toast each naan in your toaster oven until the feta begins to melt (1-2 minutes) – you’ll likely need to do this in batches, or toast in the oven if you prefer.
- Remove naan from toaster and top with grilled chicken, cucumber, red onion, olives and drizzle with additional Drew’s All-Natural Greek Olive Dressing & Quick Marinade.