Mini 7 Layer Dips. Black beans, guacamole, salsa, Greek yogurt, lettuce, cilantro, scallions and bacon layered in individual cups and served with chips, crackers and veggies for the ultimate Game Day appetizer.
The Big Game is coming up … and we New Englanders are very excited that the Pats and Brady are headed, yet again, to the championships. Last year we were in Hilton Head for the game and Adrian and I almost turned off the tv because of the up and down suspense of that game. Yikes, I get so nervous watching those games that are close down to the second. I can’t take the rollercoaster of suspense!
Unless the Patriots are in the Big Game, I am definitely more interested in the commercials and the food than the game. This year, though, we’ll be watching the game and probably nervously munching on finger foods.
Disclosure: I created these Mini 7 Layer Dips for Drew’s Organics, maker of organic dressings and salsas, as part of an ongoing partnership with them. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!
What finger foods are on your menu?
7 layer dips are one of my favorite dips to make and eat, because I love all the layers and that you can customize the dip with whatever layers you want. But, they can get messy after the first person dips in. Plus everyone over scoops the layer of the dip they like best (guilty!), so you quickly end up with an uneven mess of a dip.
Enter these Mini 7 Layer Dips. Everyone gets their own dip and that way, everyone is happy! Unless you’re an Eagles fan, then you’re probably going to be very unhappy whether you get your own dip or not. 🙂 #sorrynotsorry
These Mini 7 Layer Dips are great for so many reasons:
- Everyone gets their very own dip!
- They’re easy and quick to assemble – ready in 10 minutes, if you use prepared guac
- They’re handheld, so you don’t have to hang out at the appetizer table
- Add / subtract whatever layers you’d like
- They’re actually good-for-you! The layers in this dip include: black beans, guac, salsa, greek yogurt (or use a light sour cream), lettuce, cheddar, cilantro, scallions and a sprinkle of bacon. With the exception of bacon, these are all nutrient rich layers. But, everything is better with bacon.
- They go well with chips, pretzels, crackers, carrot/celery sticks and more!
We’ll be watching the Big Game in the (hopefully) sunny Florida Keys with my parents. Am not sure if we’ll be watching it at their condo or out at one of the local bars, but if we stay in, we’ll be whipping these up, probably along with these Loaded Potato Skins. Can’t wait.
Here’s how to make these Mini 7 Layer Dips:
- For the dip:
- • 10 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 8 oz prepared guacamole
- • 8 oz Drew’s Organic Double Fire Roasted Salsa
- • 4 oz plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- • 2 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
- • 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- • 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- • 4 scallions (white and green parts), trimmed and thinly sliced
- • 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- For serving:
- • Tortilla chips
- • Crackers
- • Celery and carrot sticks
- In 8 individual clear serving cups or mini bowls/jars, layer black beans, guacamole, Drew’s Organic Double Fire Roasted Salsa, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, bacon, scallions and cilantro evenly between cups. Serve dips with chips, crackers or pretzels and spoons.
PIN for later: