Roasted Sweet Potato, Herb and Feta Salad. Cubed and roasted sweet potato tossed with scallions, cilantro and feta.
The perfect salad to transition from summer into early fall.
We roast sweet potatoes on the regular in our house. Usually they’re cubed and simply roasted (garlic salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil) on Sundays, so we have a large batch of roasted sweet potato chunks to eat during the week – as side dishes, atop salads, pan fried as hashbrowns, etc.
When I make an extra large batch, I set some aside for this Roasted Sweet Potato, Herb and Feta Salad. Love, love this combo of flavors. The salty and briny feta, the oniony scallions, the fresh cilantro and the sweet and starchy sweet potatoes tossed with rice vinegar (my go-to for salads because of its mild flavor) and extra virgin olive oil make for the perfect late summer/early fall pairing. This is a light and healthy salad, while still being hearty and satisfying.
Make this Roasted Sweet Potato, Herb and Feta Salad as a side dish, for weekday lunches (it tastes great cold too) or top with grilled chicken or fish for an early autumn dinner.
Nutrition bonus: sweet potatoes are rich in filling and hunger satisfying fiber, vitamin A (important for skin/immune/eye health), vitamin C (important for immune/skin health) and many more essential nutrients.
Here’s how to make it:
- • 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- • 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- • ½ cup chopped cilantro
- • ½ cup feta, crumbled
- • 3 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- • 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- • Salt
- • Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato cubes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread in a single layer on baking sheets. Roast for 30 minutes, toss, then roast an additional 15 minutes – or until sweet potatoes are browned (but not burnt) and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Toss sweet potatoes with scallions, cilantro, feta, rice vinegar and remaining 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
PIN this recipe for later: