Pea Shoot and Radish Salad to welcome in the spring. Fresh and light. But still hearty enough for a satisfying lunch. Tender pea shoots, crisp and bitter radishes, crunchy walnuts, creamy and pungent blue cheese and sweet figs are tossed together and drizzled with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze.
During the winter months, when working from home, my go-to lunch was soup plus half a grilled cheese or warmed leftovers from dinner the night before atop some baby kale. But now, with (the hope of) spring in the air, I’ve been craving something lighter, crisp and fresh – especially baby greens, radishes, asparagus and berries.
Here’s how to make this simple salad.
- • 4 cups loosely packed pea shoots (or use watercress if you can’t find pea shoots)
- • 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- • 6 dried figs, halved
- • ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- • 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- • Balsamic glaze
- • Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine pea shoots, radishes, figs, blue cheese and walnuts. Toss. Divide into 2 bowls. Drizzle each bowl with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve.