If you’re on the Cape this weekend … (the first weekend of fall!) and you’re looking for something festive & outdoorsy to do, head on over to the 48th Annual CAPE COD SCALLOP FEST. The weather is supposed to be perfect, much different from the rainy and windy days we’ve been experiencing this week from Tropical Storm Jose.
The festival is in East Falmouth, MA, right in our neck of the woods. Scallop Fest is a celebration, not surprisingly, of scallops (probably our favorite seafood!), with the main focus of the event being the fried scallop dinner (below). We rarely have fried food, so their scallop dinner is a real treat. There’s also live entertainment, activities for kiddos and arts & craft vendors.
Adrian, Lucca and I went last year and really enjoyed it. We went on Friday night, had the scallop dinner and a beer, listened to the live music and shopped the vendor tents. We ended up buying a really cool fish painting from a local Cape vendor to hang on the large wall over our dinner table. Lucca was too little to take part in the kids activities last year, but this year he’ll be able to.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Who? You + your friends and family!
- What? Scallops! Plus more food, fun and family-friendly entertainment
- When? Friday – Sunday, September 22-24
- Where? Cape Cod Fairgrounds, 1220 Nathan Ellis Hwy, East Falmouth. FREE parking is available.
- Why? Because you love scallops! And, it’s probably one of the last weekends of warm sunshine and 70+ weather – perfect for being outside to celebrate the end of summer and beginning of fall
- How? Receive $2.00 off the gate price of admission/meal combo tickets for scallop ($24) and chicken dinners ($22) when you purchase tickets online in advance (through September 22nd) at capecodscallopfest.com. General Admission is $7 – children 6 to 12 are $2 and children 5 and under are admitted FREE
Eat and sip your way through the Fest with a bountiful variety of choices from these great culinary vendors:
- Succulent scallops or chicken meals from J&J Concessions
- Big Rock Oyster Co. raw bar & grilled oysters
- Foodzilla on Wheels hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages, chicken fingers, fries, and more
- Chowder, lobster rolls, salads, wraps and more from John’s Dogs
- Ice cream from Noonan Concessions
- Kettle corn, lemonade and fruit blend lemonades from Rae’s Gourmet Specialty Foods
- Sample wines from Barefoot Wines & Bubbly or rum from Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Enjoy craft beer & wine
- Cape Cod Coffee: iced & hot coffee, teas, hot chocolate
We’re headed back this year. See you there?!