Avocado Tofu Power Bowl.This Avocado Tofu Power Bowl is packed with flavor and nutrition. And it’s one of my favorite lunchtime bowls because it has all the best fixins and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes.
Good lunchtime power bowls will satisfy you almost until dinner, but won’t leave you wishing you could take an afternoon siesta. They’ll have protein, fiber, healthy fats, healthy carbs and will have variety of textures – smooth, crisp, crunchy, and so on – like this Avocado Tofu Power Bowl. And, most importantly, the best power bowls will be made with the freshest and best ingredients, so they’ll taste so good that you won’t mind eating them every day for lunch, like we do.
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Plant Protein Power Bowls: Packed with protein, fiber and color, plant power bowls are trendy and delicious. Show us the healthy recipe that’s in your bowl. So … it’s only fitting to share this colorful, flavorful bowl with you.
The great thing about power bowls is that you can mix and match your favorite ingredients. Add your lettuce and/or veggies of choice, protein (tofu, beans, lentils, cheese), healthy fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, oils), healthy carbs (whole grains, sweet potatoes, veggies), fresh herbs and toss or drizzle with your salad dressing or salsa of choice (or evoo and lemon or vinegar). You really can’t go wrong with any combination.
Here’s what makes this bowl good:
- A base of crisp organic romaine (adds crispness + vits/minerals). I like other leafy greens too, but at lunch, I like my lettuce to have some crispness and crunch to it.
- Black beans (adds flavor + fiber + protein). We like Jyoti pouch BPA free beans.
- Mini marinated mozzarella balls (adds flavor + creaminess + some protein). Obsessed with these. I usually add a few to my lunchtime salad, but really would like to add about 10 more. Find them at Trader Joe’s or your local grocer – most have them in the nice cheese section.
- Avocado (adds creaminess + healthy fats). Hubby gets the other half in his lunchtime salad. Avocado makes any salad, bowl, or really anything, better.
- Seasoned organic tofu (adds flavor + plant protein).
- Sliced organic cukes (adds crunch + vits/minerals) or any crisp veggie you have on hand.
- Sunflower seeds (adds salt + crunch + flavor + fiber + healthy fats).
- Organic scallions (adds freshness + mild onion flavor) or use any fresh herbs you have.
What’s your favorite plant powered bowl?
Here’s how to make this Avocado Tofu Power Bowl:
- • 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- • ½ avocado
- • ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1/2 cup cubed pan sautéed tofu
- • 3 mini marinated mozzarella balls
- • 2 Tbsp lightly salted sunflower seeds
- • 1 Tbsp scallions (or any fresh herbs, if you have them)
- • Dressing of your choice (I used a squeeze of lemon and olive oil)
- Place lettuce in an individual bowl.
- Add toppings and dressing of choice.
Find more Plant Protein Power Bowls from my Recipe ReDux friends here: