Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds.
I created this recipe for Drew’s, maker of all-natural salad dressings and marinades, as part of an ongoing partnership with them. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!
A pretty fall side dish that has been finding a spot weekly on our dinnertable. This Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds is quick and simple to make and showcases (one of) the best fall produce picks: butternut squash.
We cannot get enough of butternut squash right now. We’ve been getting it weekly in our CSA share (yay!) and buying it up on our grocery runs. Lucca loves butternut squash and it’s one of the few veggies (starchy veggies, but veggies nonetheless) that doesn’t end up on the floor. So…bonus!
This butternut squash is peeled, seeded, sliced and brushed with raspberry vinaigrette, then roasted until the slices are nice and caramelized. Right when the squash comes out of the oven, you top the slices with crumbled creamy goat cheese (or feta if you prefer) and pumpkin seeds (or try with another nut or seed, if you prefer). Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
The raspberry vinaigrette brings out the natural sweetness in the butternut squash during roasting and pairs really nicely with the goat cheese and the pumpkin seeds.
How gorgeous does the butternut squash look all laid out prettily on a platter?
What’s your favorite way to serve butternut squash? It’s hard to beat roasting it, because it gets all nice and caramelized.
We haven’t yet spiralized butternut, but that’s next on our list to do!
Here’s how to make this Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds:
- • 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, halved and seeded
- • ½ cup Drew’s All-Natural Raspberry Dressing & Quick Marinade, plus additional for drizzling
- • ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- • ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- • Salt
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice each squash half crosswise into thin slices.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place squash slices on baking sheet.
- Brush the top side of the squash with Drew’s All-Natural Raspberry Dressing & Quick Marinade. Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and flip slices over.
- Brush the (new) top half with Drew’s All-Natural Raspberry Dressing & Quick Marinade.
- Place back in oven and roast an additional 15 minutes, or until squash is tender and caramelized. Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
- Top squash with pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Drizzle with additional dressing, if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.