Chunky Monkey S’mores Skillet.
Dark chocolate chips, marshmallows, banana slices and walnuts layered in a cast-iron skillet and baked until ooey goey. Served with graham crackers for dipping.
This dessert is a spin on the campfire classic. It’s your favorite childhood dessert, just taken up a few delicious notches with ripe bananas and crunchy toasted walnuts. The best part about it? You don’t need a campfire to make it. Even though, we (and probably you), love fire-toasted marshmallows, sometimes a bonfire isn’t convenient or quick to throw together when you want a simple ol’ s’mores. Right?
Case in point: Adrian built an amazing firepit this past spring, but we’ve only used it twice, for maybe 30 minutes at a time. With a wild two year-old and a 7 week-old, bonfires aren’t really in the cards for us anytime soon. But we still want to enjoy a s’mores now and then. Especially as the nights get chillier and we don’t mind using the oven again.
This Chunky Monkey S’mores Skillet is made in the oven (your house is going to smell amazing like nutty banana bread), with ingredients you probably always have on hand: dark chocolate chips, marshmallows, a banana, walnuts and graham crackers. And, it takes less than 5 minutes to prep, then you bake it for 35-40 minutes.
Perfect as a Labor Day weekend or fall dessert.
Here’s how to make this Chunky Monkey S’mores Skillet:
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 17 marshmallows (8-10 oz)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (7 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a small 7 inch cast-iron skillet (or oven safe dish) with cooking spray.
- Add chocolate chips to the bottom of the skillet, then layer on the marshmallows, banana slices and walnuts. Bake for 35-40 minutes until marshmallows are lightly browned and melted.
- Remove from oven and serve with graham crackers.
- NOTE: skillet is VERY hot, so use caution when serving around children and do not place the skillet within reach of children.
PIN this recipe: