Thank you Simply7 Snacks for sponsoring this post and thanks to all my readers for supporting the brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters.
Summer is here (whoot whoot!) and that means beaches, barbeques, picnics and ALL the summer produce, like tomatoes, zucchini and summer squash, greens, fresh herbs and corn. Corn on the cob is one of the greatest things about these warm weather months and I cannot wait to have it on our dinner menu multiple times a week. Fresh corn is so sweet, crisp and just screams summer. It’s so delicious raw, lightly boiled, grilled – or pan fried up in a fritter, like in these Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters.
These fritters are crispy, fresh, savory yet slightly sweet and perfect as an appetizer or light lunch served up with a green salad or atop a green salad.
Want me to pan-fry you up a few?!
These Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters have fresh corn, scallions, farro, eggs and whole wheat flour as their core. Then they’re crusted with Simply7’s new Organic Veggie Chips for a beautiful, crispy crust. We served the fritters with a Scallion Dill Yogurt Dipping Sauce and lemon wedges.
Have you seen or tried the Simply7 Organic Veggie Chips? If not, do yourself (and your family and friends) a favor and go out and grab a bag. They’re great with all sorts of summer dips and dishes and are perfect as your go-to summer party chip. Simply7 took organic potatoes, spinach, tomatoes and spices to make a chip that has the crunch you crave that’s made with ingredients you can feel good about.
Celebrate summer with these Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters:
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cooked farro (or sub brown rice for GF)
- ½ cup shaved (or shredded) parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or sub GF flour blend)
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Simply7 Organic Veggie Chips, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 scallion (green part only), thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp dill, chopped
- Pinch garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add ears of corn and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove corn from pot and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, scallions, cooked farro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cut corn off cobs carefully and add to egg mixture.
- Pour crushed chips onto a large plate.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and swirl.
- Working quickly, using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop corn mixture into one palm.
- With your other hand, pick up crushed chips and press into either side of the corn mixture, forming into a patty.
- Batter will be very sticky.
- Add the batter into pan.
- Cook fritters in batches (we fit 4 to a pan – don’t crowd them or else they won’t get crispy).
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fritters are golden brown, set and cooked through.
- Don’t flip onto the second side until the fritter is intact enough to flip.
- Remove from heat and place into oven on warm.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce and lemon wedges.
- For Scallion Dill Yogurt Sauce: combine all ingredients. Serve with Crispy Corn and Scallion Fritters.