Easy Turkey Chili.
This hearty, flavor-packed chili comes together in under 45 minutes. It combines chopped onion, lean ground turkey, beans, salsa and spices for deliciously warming meal that’s perfect for chilly weather. Serve with all sorts of toppings for the best bowl in town!
Disclosure: I created this Easy Turkey Chili for Drew’s Organics, maker of organic dressings and salsas, as part of an ongoing partnership with them. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!
I’ve been meaning to get this EASY turkey chili recipe up, but life has been busy around here! Lots of home renovations happening, lots of nap skipping by Lucca (and short nap taking by Lex) and spring fever, which has meant more time outside with the kiddos.
Then, I realized this week that SPRING is just around the corner. Not sure about you, but this winter for us has flown by and that is FINE by me. Probably because we spent the fall packing our house, then moved into our new house right around the holidays and have spent all of winter unpacking and renovating our new house. So, here we are in March, moving quickly into April. Wowsas.
Anyhow, enjoy this simple chili recipe. It uses Drew’s Salsa as the base for great flavor. I used their ancient grains and kale salsa, but any regular salsa would work well – choose your spice level according. This chili does have some heat coming from the salsa, which is “mild” for most, but is “medium” for me, as I am a wimp when it comes to spice.
Here’s how to make this Easy Turkey Chili:
Easy Turkey Chili
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 12 ounce jars Drew’s Organics Ancient Grains and Kale Salsa
- 1 15 ounce can can black or kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thinly sliced radish
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado chunks or slices
- Tortilla chips
- Lime wedges
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add turkey, breaking up meat with a spoon, and heat until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add Drew’s Organics Ancient Grains and Kale Salsa, beans, water, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir until combined. Bring chili to a low boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with desired toppings.
PIN for later: