Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizza.
Pizza dough topped with creamy caesar dressing and shaved parmesan cheese, then baked until bubbly and topped with chopped romaine, grilled shrimp, more shaved parmesan, thinly sliced red onion, chopped parsley and crushed croutons.
Disclosure: I created this recipe for Drew’s Organics, maker of organic dressings and salsas. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!
Not sure why it’s been years since we made a salad pizza …?! That is about to change big time, because THIS salad pizza blew us away. And made us think about all the other salad pizzas we need to try … like:
- caprese salad pizza
- lobster or crab salad pizza
- cobb salad pizza
I used store-bought pizza dough for the crust, but feel free to make your own. Adrian often makes ours from scratch and it’s pretty easy. I have less patience with dough than he does, so I used one of the dough balls from the bakery section of the grocery store. You could also use those pre-made crusts … I’ve never liked those much, but they’re good in a pinch.
This Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizza is crisp and fresh, packed with flavor and is perfect for summer evenings. Or for a weekend lunch.
If you’re not a fan of shrimp, sub grilled chicken or steak. Or for added protein on a vegetarian version, add white beans.
Since this dish is pizza + salad in one, it’s really a full dinner on it’s own. But, it would be great served with grilled corn on the cob and some watermelon.
Here’s how to make this Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizza:
Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad Pizza
- 12 ounces frozen large raw shrimp (31-40 shrimp per pound), thawed and peeled
- 16 ounce store-bought white pizza dough
- 1 bottle Drew’s Organics Romano Caesar Dressing & Quick Marinade, divided
- 5 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Caesar flavored croutons, roughly smashed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add 6 ounces Drew’s Organics Romano Caesar Dressing & Quick Marinadeand shrimp to a resealable plastic bag. Preheat grill to high heat and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add shrimp to the grill, reduce heat to medium high. Discard marinade. Grill shrimp for a few minutes on each side, just until opaque and cooked through. Set aside.
- Oil your pizza pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle cornmeal or flour on a counter surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to fit the pan. Place dough onto the pan and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove pan and flip dough. Drizzle ½ cup (4 ounces) Drew’s Organics Romano Caesar Dressing & Quick Marinadeatop dough and spread evenly to within ½ inch of the dough edge. Sprinkle dough with about 3 ounces of shaved parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 7-10 more minutes until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and place pizza on a large cutting board. Top with romaine, red onion, cooked shrimp, remaining 2 ounces shaved parmesan, crushed croutons, parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with remaining 2 ounces Drew’s Organics Romano Caesar Dressing & Quick Marinade.
- Slice pizza and serve.
- Use frozen cooked and thawed shrimp vs raw shrimp
- Use pre-washed and chopped bagged romaine lettuce
- Use a pre-cooked pizza crust or sub 4 toasted individual naan breads for the pizza crust
PIN this recipe for later: