Honey Drizzled Brie with Blueberries, Walnuts and Basil.
A gorgeous spring or summer appetizer or dessert that’s no-cook and ready in 5 minutes flat.
Bonus points to you if you pick your blueberries from your local farm or got them from your local farmer’s market – because, after all, it’s blueberry season! And if local or fresh berries aren’t an option, frozen wild blueberries (thawed) work beautifully in this recipe. We picked these blueberries from our local farm, Coonamessett Farm in East Falmouth, on the Cape. Recently, each week with our CSA, we get to head into the blueberry fields and pick our own blues. Lucca’s been loving it.July’s Recipe ReDux theme is Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape. Perfect timing, as we have allll we can eat basil and blueberries (homegrown and from our CSA), so it’s only right to highlight both of these beauties. With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. Show us how you’re serving the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
This dessert celebrates all that is summer….sweet hand-picked blueberries and fragrant basil ribbons.
This Honey Drizzled Brie with Blueberries, Walnuts and Basil couldn’t be simpler to make. Take your wedge of brie and spread the top with your favorite yogurt – we used siggi’s whole milk vanilla bean. Then top and surround the brie with blueberries and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with slivered basil leaves. That’s it. Gorgeous. Simple. Summer.
Less time spent in the kitchen and more time spent taking in the longer summer days.
Here’s how to make this Honey Drizzled Brie with Blueberries, Walnuts and Basil:
- - ½ - ¾ lb wedge of brie (ours was 2/3 lb), room temperature or warmed slightly
- - ¼ cup vanilla bean whole milk yogurt (we used siggi’s)
- - 1 cup blueberries
- - ¼ cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped*
- - 1 tablespoon honey
- - 3 basil leaves, slivered into ribbons
- - Whole grain crackers for serving
- Place brie on serving plate. Spread top of brie with yogurt. Place berries atop and around brie. Sprinkle walnuts atop brie and berries. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Serve with whole grain crackers.
*To toast walnuts, place in a 350 degree F oven for 5-7 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted.
See how my Recipe ReDux friends are celebrating summer produce: