Cheesy Sheet Pan Quesadillas.
Flour tortillas stuffed with sharp cheddar, black beans and scallions. Served with all sorts of fixin’s – avocado, salsa, plain greek yogurt, cilantro, scallions, radish and lime wedges.
Thank you to the dairy farm families of New England for sponsoring this Cheesy Sheet Pan Quesadillas post as part of an ongoing partnership. All opinions are my own. Thanks to you, my readers, for supporting organizations and brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible.
Cheesy Sheet Pan Quesadillas is a simple dinner that’s ready in minutes. It’s perfect for weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast. Really fast. Like those nights where there’s no time to give any thought to what we’re having for dinner because there’s a fussy newborn who needs to nurse ASAP and an exhausted, hungry, screaming toddler who’s tearing the house apart. That’s pretty much everynight in our house, especially those days when Lucca has been at school (3 days a week). Dinnertime can be really stressful these days, so now, more than ever, we need really easy and quick dinner solutions.
There are a few things that are great about this simple dinner:
- EVERYONE loves quesadillas.
- You have all the basic ingredients on hand, don’t you? Flour tortillas, black beans, cheddar cheese. The most important ingredient … cheddar … lots of cheddar. All the fixins are a bonus, but add freshness, flavor and nutrients to this dinner.
- Everyone can customize their own quesadilla toppings, so there’s no complaining over not liking a certain ingredient. Lucca’s “taste” seems to change on a day to day basis, so he gets a chance to choose what he wants to eat on quesadilla night. He loves all the ingredients IN the quesadilla (tortilla, cheddar, black beans and scallions), but is very selective as to what goes on top. He still thinks many green things, like chopped cilantro, are “bugs” and is now obsessed with calling things “spicy” though he’s not quite sure what spicy means :).
- No need to batch cook the quesadillas in a pan. Just throw them in the oven on one or two baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes. Then add the toppings. Line the baking sheets with foil for easy clean up.
- Use up leftovers! Have leftover grilled shrimp or chicken? Throw them in the quesadillas or offer them up as toppings. Leftover chili? Top the quesadillas with a ladle full. Roasted veggies? Throw em in.
- Utenstils not necessary. Lexi’s witching hours are usually from when we sit down to dinner until 10pm or so, so I usually nurse her during dinner. Handheld dinners are great because I don’t need to have both hands free for cutting/eating.
Here’s how to make these Cheesy Sheet Pan Quesadillas:
- For the quesadillas:
- • 4 large 10” flour tortillas (whole wheat or white)
- • 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- • 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (use BPA free cans or pouches)
- • 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, white (for the quesadilla) and greens (for the topping) separated
- For topping:
- • ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- • 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- • 1 avocado, sliced
- • ½ cup salsa
- • ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- • 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place 2 tortillas on each baking sheet.
- Fill half of each tortilla with 1 cup shredded cheese, ½ cup black beans and the white parts of the scallions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping quesadillas after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice in half and serve with all the fixins: greens of the scallions, cilantro, radishes, avocado, salsa, yogurt and lime slices.
- Serve quesadillas with a side salad or carrot/celery/cucumber sticks.
PIN for later: