Sliders for dinner tonight! We have been craving burgers for weeks and finally put em on the menu for tonight. We love our burgers, but have them only seldomly for obvious reasons. Today we did a 9 mile run, so we deserved them. My ultimate favorite burger is at Sel de la Terre in Boston – they serve it on a brioche bun with farmhouse cheddar, bacon and aioli with truffle fries and salad on the side. I skip the fries and get double the salad – because I want to eat the entire burger – I am a carnivore at heart. Anyhow, our burgers, I’d argue, are just as good as any burger joint out there.
These sliders are the perfect portion-controlled size. Adrian can eat one in two bites, maybe even one. It’s more of a ten bite burger for me :). Serve them topped with cheddar on soft white slider buns with a side salad and you have a feast good enough for the 4th. We formed 18 patties and froze 10 of them for another night. Adrian has 2 to take to work tomorrow for lunch. Lucky man.
For the burgers, I used:
– 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 1 tbsp garlic powder
– 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp truffle salt (we got this in Napa & it’s incredible. Or use 1/2 tsp kosher salt.)
– 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 18 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
– 18 soft slider buns or you can use mini bagels, just toast them on the grill before pattying them up
Directions: Combine first 7 ingredients together with your hands, working to incorporate. Form into 18 mini burger patties. Fire up the grill. Grill burgers to desired doneness. One minute before they’re done, top with cheese. Place onto buns. Serve with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
These burgers were SO good. Happy Fourth of July week!