The Best Grilled Chicken. And the only chicken marinade you need.
Organic chicken tenders marinated in red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder and salt. We make this marinade year-round 1-2 times a week. It’s easy, flavor-packed and is one of those recipes I get asked to share over and over. You rarely see chicken featured here on the blog, but it’s something we eat a couple times a week, so it was time to write down the ingredients and share it with you. It’s our go-to recipe for grilled chicken … and likely will be yours too.
Marinate the chicken in the fridge, for best flavor, for at least 4 hours, preferably 8 hours, if you have the time. When I know we’ll be eating around 6pm dinner, I’ll try to have the chicken in the marinade by 10am.
This recipe is kid-friendly unless you have a child that does not do well with grill marks, like my Lucca. Lucca picks off the outer part (grill marks/browned parts) of the chicken, so that only the pristine white inside of the tender is left. Basically, he’d like his chicken (and everything else) boiled with no seasoning (and no flavor). But, the rest of us are not up for eating boiled chicken. So, he’ll be picking off those grill marks for the unforeseeable future (sorry, bud).
Serve this grilled chicken with any sides you’d like. Typically when we’re grilling fish/chicken/meat, I’ll add veggies to the grill as well, to keep things simple and minimize clean-up. Things like broccoli (our go-to), onions, cabbage, corn (in season), etc. Then, we’ll have some nice crusty bread (our local French bakery has an olive bread that is incredible), farro or brown rice.
Here’s how to make The Best Grilled Chicken – hope you enjoy it!
The Best Grilled Chicken
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar*
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds organic** chicken tenders boneless skinless (or chicken breasts)
- Add all marinade ingredients to a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Marinate chicken at least 4 hours, preferably 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Clean and oil grates. Add chicken to grill and reduce heat to medium high. Discard marinade. Grill chicken about 4 minutes, flip, then grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove chicken from heat and let rest 5 minutes. Serve.