White Chicken Chili. Hearty, packed with veggies (baby bellas, celery, carrots and onions) and white beans and spiced up with cumin and chili powder.
Thank you Simply 7 Snacks for sponsoring this White Chicken Chili post and thanks to you, my readers, for supporting the brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible. As always, all opinions are my own.
Chili is one of our favorite winter meals especially when temps are frigid and snow is in the air. We make a big batch of it, usually on the weekends, to enjoy for Sunday night’s dinner and then lunches throughout the week. Adrian brings his into the office with a side car of cheddar. And, since I work from home, I get to have mine in one of our great soup bowls and have access to all the good toppings.
A good chili, stands alone, but toppings take that chili to the next level…avocado, cheddar cheese (Cabot has our heart) and Simply7 White Cheddar Chips (goes perfectly with chili) are some of our go-to add ons. Though we love traditional tomato based red chilies made with organic ground beef, it’s also fun to switch it up with a white chili using organic ground chicken or turkey, like this White Chicken Chili Recipe.
What’s your favorite chili? White or red?This White Chicken Chili is made with organic ground chicken breast, it’s packed with veggies (baby bella mushrooms, carrots, celery and onion) and loaded with white beans (we love beans of all types in our house) for a chili that is packed with filling fiber and protein. And is SO good.
This easy-to-make White Chicken Chili is made in one pot, so there’s minimal clean up. Plus it’ll easily feed (and please) a crowd (think Big Game Sunday) or is great for leftovers (lunch or dinner). Actually, it tastes even better the next day, as most chilies do, because the flavors have a chance to meld. Serve it with lots of shredded cheddar and Simply7 White Cheddar Lentil Chips for a hearty meal. This chili has quite a bit of spice from the cumin and chili powder, but it is not spicy (for my and Lucca’s sake), so feel free to add heat, to your tasting, with cayenne pepper. Or, as Adrian would do, add a swirl of sriracha.
I set aside some of the cooked ground chicken and small white beans before adding them to the chili for Lucca (he can’t yet eat a cup of chili without getting it all over himself, us and the kitchen) so we didn’t have to have an entirely separate meal for him. He did have a couple of cooled spoonfuls of the chili, and seemed to really like it. He also had a side car of the White Cheddar Lentil Chips which he loves. They are much softer and dissolve easier than other chips, so they’re perfect for kiddos – plus I can feel good giving him a better-for-you chip.
Here’s how to make this White Chicken Chili:
- • 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- • 1 pound ground organic chicken breast
- • 1 medium onion, chopped
- • 1 carrot, diced
- • 1 celery stalk, diced
- • 1 8 oz container baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • 4 cups chicken broth
- • 2 teaspoons chili powder
- • 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- • 1 1lb 13oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 15.5 oz can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- • 1 cup Simply7 White Cheddar Lentil Chips, crushed (adds thickness and flavor)
- For serving:
- • Simply7 White Cheddar Lentil Chips
- • Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large soup pot, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned and cooked through, breaking up the ground chicken as it cooks.
- Turn off heat.
- Remove chicken from pot set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms.
- Sweat vegetables, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add chicken back to pot, along with broth, chili powder, cumin, beans and crushed chips.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve chili with chips and shredded cheddar.
A bit about Simply7:
Simply7 is committed to making wholesome snacks that taste really good. They stand by their 7 Simple Standards:
No Added Preservatives
0 Grams Trans Fat
No Artificial Colors or Flavors
Find Simply7 Snacks at one of these retailers near you: Kroger, target, Wegmans, Whole Foods, Shaws, Fresh Market, Giant, Wakefern, and Walmart. You can also use their store locator.