Wild Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Galette.
A rustic, yet elegant tart that layers lemon curd, ricotta, wild blueberries and more lemon curd for a sweet, tart and deceptively easy dessert. Make it for Mother’s Day, a graduation party or a leisurely Sunday brunch.Doesn’t springtime just make you want to eat all things lemon and blueberry? It does over here! Those two flavors just scream sunshine, sweetness and warm weather. And, after the winter and early spring that we’ve had, we ALL need those things. And we (and YOU) need this Wild Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Galette. Don’t you?
How did this recipe come about, other than our want and need for lemon and baby blues? I’ve been recipe testing like crazy this week and have a refrigerated pie crust left over. And, I’ve had a partially empty jar of lemon curd in my fridge for weeks, after making these sweet and tart Lemon Bar and Coconut Overnight Oats. Gosh that lemon curd is so good … I couldn’t have it go to waste, it needed to be put to good use and paired with pretty little blues! Since we always have wild blueberries on hand for smoothies and oatmeal, into the galette went the wild blues.
This Wild Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Galette is SO simple to make. The best part is that it uses premade pie crust – so no need to worry about messing up a homemade crust. Of course, if you’re a pro at making homemade crusts, do it. I don’t bother, because I’ve never had much success (or patience) with learning that skill.
For this galette, you’ll roll out the refrigerated dough and spread the center with lemon curd, then ricotta cheese, leaving a 1.5 inch border around the filling, so you can fold the crust up. Then you’ll add in frozen wild blueberries and top with more lemon curd. You’ll fold and crease the outer 1.5 inch dough and bake for 45-50 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and the dough is golden brown. Then you’ll top with a scoop (or two – no judgement) of vanilla bean ice cream.
As a chocolate-lover, rarely do I find desserts that I love that aren’t chocolate. This is one of them. Go make it. For you or someone you love.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 tablespoons + 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract (we use Rodelle vanilla paste)
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- For serving:
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let pie crust sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crust onto parchment paper.
- Leaving a 1.5 inch border around the edges, spread 3 tablespoons lemon curd on the crust dough.
- Mix vanilla into ricotta and layer that atop the lemon curd.
- Layer the wild blueberries atop the ricotta.
- Top the blueberries with remaining 1/4 cup lemon curd.
- Beginning at the top of the pie crust, fold the toppings-free section inward and pinch lightly to crease the pie crust. Continue around the crust until toppings are contained.
- Bake galette for 45-50 minutes until the fruit is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Top with fresh lemon zest and serve warm topped with vanilla bean ice cream.