Buffalo Shrimp and Blue Cheese Potato Skins
Potato skins stuffed with buffalo shrimp, blue cheese and diced celery, served with blue cheese dressing.
Servings 4 people
- 4 russet potatoes scrubbed and poked with a fork
- 1 tablespoon salted buter
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce (plus more for serving) mild, medium or hot
- 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 8 extra large cooked frozen shrimp thawed, shell removed, patted dry (31-40 shrimp per pound)
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped or diced
- fresh ground black pepper
- additional buffalo sauce
- blue cheese dressing
- celery sticks / and or carrot sticks
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes directly on rack and bake until fork tender, about 40-50 minutes. Our potatoes were small, so ours were ready in 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
Prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil. Carefully (potatoes are hot!) cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a thin flesh layer within each skin. Place potato skins on baking sheet. Set potato flesh aside for another use - you won't need it in this recipe.
Place butter and buffalo sauce in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave 15-30 seconds until butter is melted. Stir mixture together.
Brush buffalo sauce onto each potato skin and place the skins back onto baking sheet. Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Toss shrimp with remaining buffalo mixture and set aside.
Remove potato skins from oven. Top each skin with 2 buffalo shrimp and blue cheese crumbles. Place back into oven for 2-3 minutes until shrimp are warm and cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven and top with diced celery and freshly ground pepper.
Serve potato skins with buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing and celery and/or carrot sticks.