Buffalo Shrimp Sliders
Slider buns stuffed with pan-fried shrimp tossed in buffalo sauce, topped with blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles and thinly sliced celery. The ultimate appetizer for devouring while cheering on your favorite team in the Big Game.
Servings 6 people
- 12 ounces 31-40 large raw shrimp, shell on, easy peel frozen and thawed
- 1 teaspoon organic sunflower or canola oil or other mild cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons buffalo sauce mild, medium or hot, your choice
- 6 slider buns or dinner rolls
- 1 head organic celery, divided thinly slice 3-4 stalks for the sliders and then cut the rest into celery sticks for dipping in blue cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing, plus more for serving use reduced-fat, if preferred
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- ground black pepper
Peel thawed shrimp. Dry shrimp well with paper towels. Wash your hands after touching raw shrimp.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add shrimp, flipping after about 1 minute (once underside is seared and lightly browned). Cook another 1-2 minutes until shrimp is just opaque and cooked through (don’t overcook!).
Remove from heat and toss with buffalo sauce.
Assemble sliders by placing 3-4 shrimp on each bottom slider bun, then topping with sliced celery, dressing and blue cheese crumbles. Add the top slider bun.
Serve sliders with celery sticks and additional blue cheese for dipping.
*Frozen shrimp should either be thawed in the fridge overnight or placed under cold running water. Do not refreeze thawed shrimp.
This recipe makes 6 buffalo shrimp sliders. It will easily serve 6 people as an appetizer, if other apps are being served. If you're making these sliders for a meal, it'll serve 3-4 people, as long as you're serving sides with it.
Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for serving a crowd.