Grilled Salmon Taco Salad
Grilled Salmon Taco Salad. Chili rubbed salmon sits atop crunchy romaine, tomatoes, corn, black beans and avocado. An easy weeknight summetime dinner.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb salmon filet, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For the salad
- 2 heads romaine torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tortilla chips, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- ranch dressing - we used Drew's Organics Chipotle Ranch
Preheat grill to medium heat. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic, brown sugar, evoo, black pepper and salt to a small bowl. Using your fingers, combine well. Spread spice mixture onto top of salmon filets.
Clean and oil the grill grates. Place salmon skin side down on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes, until salmon is almost cooked through. Flip and grill an additional 2-3 minutes, or until desired doneness (usually 10 minutes per 1” thickness). Remove from grill.
Place lettuce in a large salad bowl or on a serving platter. Top with black beans, corn and tomatoes and avocado. Place salmon filets on top of salad. Top with crushed chips and cilantro.
Serve salad with ranch dressing and lime wedges.