Cheddar Pesto Tuna Melt
Rustic whole grain bread toasted and topped with creamy sharp cheddar cheese, baby spinach, pesto tuna fish, tomato, red onion and more cheddar. This flavor-packed tuna melt tops all others!
- 2 slices rustic whole grain bread
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup baby spinach packed
- 1 5 oz can Albacore Tuna With Pesto & Olive Oil
- 4 grape tomatoes slices widthwise
- 4 thin slices red onion
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to broil.
Toast bread slices in a toaster. Top each slice of toast with 2 slices of cheddar. Top cheddar with baby spinach, tuna, tomato and red onion. Top each slice of toast with one more slice of cheddar.
Place toast on an oven safe plate and put under the broiler, keeping a close eye on it so the toast doesn't burn. Broil until cheese is melted and begins to bubble and lightly brown. Remove from oven. Top with freshly ground pepper. Serve.