Nicoise Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Arugula topped with roasted baby potatoes, roasted green beans, pesto olive oil tuna, cucumber slices, sliced red onion, kidney beans, sliced hard boiled egg and capers. Served with lemon wedges and a white balsamic vinaigrette.
Servings 4 people
- 24 ounces baby medley potatoes scrubbed and halved
- 10 ounces green beans washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 large hard boiled eggs sliced
- 4 mini cucumbers, sliced or one medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cans albcore tuna, in oil or the pesto olive oil, drained, if desired
For the vinaigrette (or use your favorite store bought vinaigrette)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with tin foil. Toss halved potatoes with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place onto one baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Flip potatoes after about 15 minutes.
Toss green beans with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on second baking sheet. When you flip the potatoes, add the green beans to the oven and remove when you remove the potatoes.
Assemble the salads by adding arugula to four large salad bowls. Top with warm potatoes and green beans, egg, cucumbers, capers, red onion and tuna. Serve with lemon wedges and the white balsamic vinaigrette.