Roasted Cauliflower Caprese Casserole
Roasted cauliflower, tomatoes and garlic topped with fresh mozzarella and seasoned panko crumbs and fresh basil and parsley.
Servings 4 people
- 1 small head organic cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1+ pint organic grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces mini mozzarella balls
- 3/4 cup seasoned panko crumbs
- 5 leaves basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 425. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
Toss cauliflower and garlic with extra virgin olive oil, garlic salt and black pepper and add to casserole dish. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven, add tomatoes and stir. Roast for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add mozzarella and stir. Top with panko crumbs. Place back into oven for 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted and panko is lightly browned. Remove from oven. Top with fresh basil and parsley. Serve.