Pan Fried Chickpeas with Fresh Herbs
Chickpeas pan-fried until crispy then sprinkled with sea salt and fresh herbs, like cilantro, parsley and mint – or whatever herbs you have on hand.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 15.5 ounce can BPA-free chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves washed and dried well
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves washed and dried well
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves washed and dried well
- 2 scallions trimmed and thinly sliced
Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
When hot, add chickpeas and pan-fry, tossing often, for about 5 minutes until they begin to toast and get lightly browned. Remove from heat.
Toss immediately with sea salt and pepper. Place into serving bowl and toss with fresh herbs (dry the herbs well!). Serve.
For this recipe, use any fresh herbs you have on hand. And, if you only have one herb, use it (just parsley, just basil, just cilantro, just scallions or chives, etc).
Make sure to dry fresh herbs VERY well. This will ensure that the chickpeas stay crispy and don't get soggy.