Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Warm Blue Cheese and Bacon
Brussels sprouts roasted until crispy then topped with blue cheese and crispy bacon. Then drizzled with balsamic glaze. A hearty and comforting winter side dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb blue cheese crumbled
- 3 strips natural thick-cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- balsamic glaze for serving
Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes, stir then roast another 10-15 minutes until desired browness and crispness. Remove from oven and place into an oven safe serving dish.
Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Turn on oven broiler.
Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until blue cheese melts. Remove from oven, top with crispy bacon and serve. If desired, drizzle with balsamic glaze.