Crab Stuffed Grilled Portabellas.
Insanely delicious grilled portabellas stuffed with crab meat. Basically, it’s your favorite jumbo crab cake stuffed into a marinated and grilled portabella mushroom. These will be the heartiest and tastiest stuffed mushrooms you’ve ever had.
These crab stuffed mushrooms are for crab lovers only. There’s a full 4 ounces of crab meat in each portabella, so they’re chock full of crab goodness. What else is in them?
- seasoned panko crumbs
- grated Parmesan
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder, kosher salt, ground black pepper
We always marinate our portabellas before grilling because it adds a ton of flavor to the mushrooms. The marinating step is optional in this stuffed mushroom recipe, but if you have time to do it, it’ll make them that much better. You can use any vinaigrette to marinate them – either store-bought or homemade.
How do make these crab stuffed grilled portabellas?
Marinate the mushrooms for at least 30 minutes. Then, grill stem side down for about 5 minutes, flip and stuff with crab mixture. Grill for another 5-10 minutes until crab mixture is cooked through. Then, you’ll remove from the grill and top with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley.
Is this a healthy dish?
Yes! These crab stuffed mushrooms are rich in protein (from the crab meat and egg) and Vitamin D (if your portabellas have been exposed to UV light in the growing process), fiber, B vitamins, potassium, selenium, antioxidants from the portabellas. For more information on the health benefits of mushrooms, check out The Mushroom Council.
How should I serve these crab stuffed portabellas?
Serve them alongside brown rice or farro (or another whole grain) and a simple green salad for a healthy, hearty and delicious meal.
Here’s how to make them:
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stem trimmed
- 1/2 cup balsamic or citrus vinaigrette
- 16 ounces lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Add portabellas and vinaigrette to a resealable bag. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Clean and oil grates.
- Combine all ingredients crab meat through grated black pepper.
- Remove portabellas from marinade and place on grill, stem side down. Grill on medium high 5 minutes. Flip portabellas and stuff with crab mixture (the topping will be heaping atop the mushrooms). Grill another 5-8 minutes until crab mixture is cooked through.
- Remove portabellas from the grill and top with shaved parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
PIN these Crab Stuffed Portabellas for later:
Need some more great ideas ideas for the summer? Check these out: