Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie.
Diced apples, tart cranberries, pure maple syrup and cinnamon are warmed in the oven with a wedge of Brie cheese, until the Brie is melted and ooey gooey and the fruit is softened and sweet. The perfect fall or holiday appetizer or dessert!
Baked Brie is one of the best and most decadent holiday treats, no matter how you serve it. Sweet or savory, it’s bound to be a holiday party pleaser … well, mini party pleaser this year.
One of our favorite Baked Brie recipes to make at home is this Baked Brie with Pumpkin Butter and Walnuts, which is perfect as a fall or winter dessert. And now this Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie – which is a bit simpler than other baked Brie recipes, as it’s just Brie and fruit. But it’s just as delicious and gorgeous. And when it’s baking the house smells like warm apple pie. What a beautiful way to celebrate the fall harvest fruits – apples and cranberries!
And it’s only 5 ingredients:
- Brie cheese
- Pure maple syrup
- (optional) Dash of salt
And, one of the best things about this baked Brie recipe is that it has minimal prep time (just dice an apple, that’s it!).
This Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie is not overly sweet – we don’t like things that are over the top sweet. This is just sweet enough. The tart cranberries cut through the creaminess and richness of the Brie and the cranberries, apples, maple syrup and cinnamon cook into almost a pie filling that’s perfect for piling onto a salty crispy cracker.
Here’s how to make it.
Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie
- 1 8 ounce slice Brie
- 1 small apple, diced washed
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries washed and picked over
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Brie slice into a small 7-inch cast iron skillet and surround with diced apples and cranberries.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon overtop fruit and cheese. Place skillet into oven and baked 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove skillet carefully from oven. Sprinkle with salt. Serve hot (with the handle covered for safety) with apple slices and crackers.
PIN this baked brie recipe for later:
This Cranberry Baked Brie recipe was first published on December 23rd, 2015. It has been updated with new images in 2020.