Cranberry White Chocolate Walnut Cookies.
Holiday cookies packed with dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and toasted chopped walnuts, then sprinkled with sea salt. Chewy, nutty (half of the flour is almond flour), cinnamony … and irresistible.
DYK? These festive cookies are a favorite of Santa. Serve them alongside some cold milk. Or, in our house, by Santa’s request, a cold beer.
I asked Lucca what we should leave for Santa on Christmas Eve this year. His response after pondering the question a bit: “Mamma, I’m gonna leave Santa vegetables. To make him strong, mamma.” Hmmmm. Good idea, kiddo. Maybe we’ll leave him vegetables AND these cookies. I mean, I’m sure he’d love Lucca’s favorite veggies (that frozen blend of corn, peas and carrots …), but Santa needs a little bit of sugar to keep him going all night. Don’t ya think?
These cookies are packed with all the goodies that should be in a Christmas cookie – walnuts, cranberries and white chocolate (we love the Ghirardelli chips). And they’re made with butter, so you know they’re good. What’s a good Christmas cookie without butter?
Have you baked with almond flour before? I love the nutty flavor almond flour imparts and they give the cookie a great chewy texture. Plus, I like replacing half of the white flour with something a little more nutritious. These cookies call for 1/2 white and 1/2 almond flour.
The recipe makes about 40 large cookies. If you want smaller cookies, just decrease the baking time. There are plenty here for eating, sharing and freezing. We made a batch last week and Lucca and I will be whipping up another batch tomorrow because our freezer stash is empty.
These cookies are easy to make and only require one bowl for mixing. That’s a win in my book! Especially if you have little Santa’s helpers with you in the kitchen like I do.
Add these pretty little cookies to your Christmas cookie list this year. Santa will thank you!
Here’s how to make these Cranberry White Chocolate Walnut Cookies:
Cranberry White Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- 2 sticks organic unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs, beaten room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour we use Bob's Red Mill Super Fine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips (1 bag) we love Ghirardelli
- 1 cup toasted walnuts chopped
- 4 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
- sea salt (optional) for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Add vanilla extract. Add beaten eggs and combine well. Add almond flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, kosher salt and baking soda.
- Once well combined, fold in white chocolate, toasted walnuts and cranberries.
- Scoop by heaping teaspoons onto prepared ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until cookies begin to get golden brown and set around the edges. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt (if desired) and let sit 1-2 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Continue working in batches until all batter is gone.
PIN these cookies for later: