Easy Shrimp Nachos.
Tortilla chips loaded with shredded cheese, black beans, shrimp, avocado, scallions and cilantro, then drizzled with chipotle ranch dressing and served with salsa and lime wedges. Ready in less than 15 minutes, these nachos are the perfect game day appetizer.
I created these Easy Shrimp Nachos for Drew’s Organics, maker of organic dressings and salsas, as part of an ongoing partnership with them. I was compensated for the recipe creation, but not for this post and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make My Cape Cod Kitchen possible!
What’s the best way to jazz up boring old nachos? Add freshness, zest and something a little bit unexpected, but a crowd favorite (like shrimp!). These Easy Shrimp Nachos are a party pleaser and would be a great addition to any appetizer spread. Or, have them for dinner, which would be Lucca’s dream … chips for dinner!? Sign him up. Well, and us too. Right?
What’s great about these nachos?
- They’re ready in less than 15 minutes
- They’re very cheesy – and all nachos need to be cheesy
- They’re fresh – hello, cilantro, scallions and lime!
- They’re packed with protein, which is a bonus for an appetizer, thanks to the black beans and the shrimp
- They use precooked frozen and thawed shrimp as a time-saver and for convenience
- They are served with a chipotle ranch dressing drizzle and salsa, so there’s plenty of “sauces” to add to the yum factor
If you don’t love shrimp, shredded seasoned chicken or beef – or even taco seasoned lentils – would be great on these too.
And if you like some heat on your nachos, use a hot salsa. We go mild because of the kiddos and I’m not a big fan of spicy food either.
Now dig on in!
Here’s how to make these Easy Shrimp Nachos:
Easy Shrimp Nachos
- 6.5 ounces restaurant style tortilla chips half of a 13 ounce bag, like Tostitos
- 3 cups Mexican style shredded cheese 4 cheese blend, or use cheddar
- 12 ounces frozen shell-on cooked extra-large shrimp (31-40 shrimp per pound) thawed, shell/tail removed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, sliced or cut into chunks or use 1 cup prepared guac
- 1/2 bunch scallions white and green parts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loose cilantro (leaves and stems) roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Drew’s Organics Chipotle Ranch Dressing & Quick Marinade
- Drew's Organics salsa any flavor
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil. Place chips evenly on a baking sheet and top with cheese. Add shrimp and black beans.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado, scallions, and cilantro. Drizzle with Drew’s Organics Chipotle Ranch Dressing & Quick Marinade.
- Serve with Drew’s Organics Salsa and lime wedges.
PIN this EASY SHRIMP NACHOS recipe for later: